Routee is an intelligent CPaaS platform, developed by AMD Telecom, a leading telecommunications company that brings automated workflows and communication technologies to corporations, retail businesses and the services’ industry around the world.
With offices in 12 countries and an online presence in more than 200 markets, Routee is employing more than 100 software and communication specialists in developing products that connect, engage and sell.
As a powerful tool that segments customer data and personalizes communications, Routee has managed to capture a large share of the market, while becoming a trusted partner for some of the most renowned Fortune 500 companies, such as Microsoft and Uber.
Routee is the managing platform of choice for businesses seeking to control every detail of their communications strategy, offering a versatile and user-friendly API that can transform any business into a potential marketing powerhouse.
We, at Routee, have been at the forefront of communication technologies for over two decades, helping your business spread its mission and message to the world. We cannot wait to show you all the innovative ideas and solutions we have in store for the future.
Visit Routee.net to find out more about our company, your trusted communications partner.
Scope of Job:
As a Software Architect, you’ll join a close-knit team of engineers, product managers, and client services developers. We are looking for a diverse array of technical capabilities rooted in proven product experience with modern technology stack architecture. A solid understanding and expertise in architecting SaaS platforms with a keen understanding of security, systems design with deep expertise in API Design, microservices, distributed schedulers, NoSQL and RDBMS data storage. This role is responsible for leading the next-generation, modern production system. Performance, reliability and technical leadership are all core competencies in this role.
Our Software Architect holds a central role in the department, using both their interpersonal and technical skills in equal parts to get the job done and to make intuitive high level decisions for software development.
Our Software Architect is responsible for creating architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. Work in a Scrum team and pairing with other developers when appropriate. Carry out research into new technologies, libraries and development techniques.
- Analyzes software requirements.
- Creates and implements design plans.
- Designs, develops and executes software solutions to address business issues.
- Provides architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the development team.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product.
- Interprets business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed.
- Troubleshoots code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Identifies business requirements and requirements of the stakeholders on the project.
- Designs the entire system based on the received requirements.
- Chooses the system architecture and each individual component of this system at a high level.
- Chooses the technologies for the implementation of each component and connections between the components.
- Performs Architectural reviews.
- Performs Code-reviews.
- Writes project documentation and its support.
- Controls the architecture during the next iteration of the system release.
- Provides solutions that meet the expectations and deadlines set by the Project Manager
- Controls synchronization of the software with the system architecture.
- Does performance quality controls.
- Gives input as needed to issues like the tools and environment selection.
- Resolves technical problems.
- Understands and plans evolutionary paths.
- Plans new technology insertion.
- Manages risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
- Reviews unit tests.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; benchmarks state-of-the-art practices; participates in professional societies.
- Provides the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Guides and assists the development team throughout the process.
- Presents regular progress reports.
- Tests the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements.
- BS in computer engineering or related field
- 5+ years developing complex applications or software as service (SaaS)
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building and deploying high-availability backend services in an architect or senior development role
- Predictive Analytics/Machine Learning
- Expertism, familiarity building modern applications with modern frameworks and modern tech stack in different program languages.
- Experience with Infrastructure, Hardware, Operating Systems, and security
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- High Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Nice to have: Tech stack
- Experience with Message Bus ( RabbitMQ )
- Experience with Microservice architecture
- Experience architecting web applications and SaaS
- Experience with Git and SVN source control
- Experience with Unit Testing and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with leading NoSQL solutions like mongoDB
- Familiarity with build tools and continuous integration (Ant, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with simple web services (REST, XML-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with Docker
- Competitive salary package
- Remote Work (Home based optional)
- Evaluation and Salary Adjustment Plan
- Hands on with cutting-edge technology products
- Continuous improvement & training
- Possibility for global relocation to one of our offices in London, Singapore or San Francisco, after working one fully year at Routee
- An exciting & friendly multinational work environment
All applications are considered as strictly confidential. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
|Job Category||Information Technology|