Routee is an intelligent CPaaS platform, developed by AMD Telecom, a leading telecommunications company that brings automated workflows and communication technologies to corporations, retail businesses and the services industry around the world.
With offices in 12 countries and an online presence in more than 200 markets, Routee is employing more than 100 software and communication specialists in developing products that connect, engage and sell.
As a powerful tool that segments customer data and personalizes communications, Routee has managed to capture a large share of the market, while becoming a trusted partner for some of the most renowned Fortune 500 companies, such as Microsoft and Uber.
Routee is the managing platform of choice for businesses seeking to control every detail of their communications strategy, offering a versatile and user-friendly API that can transform any business into a potential marketing powerhouse.
We, at Routee, have been at the forefront of communication technologies for over two decades, helping your business spread its mission and message to the world. We cannot wait to show you all the innovative ideas and solutions we have in store for the future.
Visit Routee.net to find out more about our company, your trusted communications partner.
Due to the continuous growth of our company and our great plans for moving forward, we are looking for an experienced
Java Architect / Project Team Lead
to join our international team and work either remotely or from our offices in Athens/ Thessaloniki!
The Java Architect defines a high-level structure of a software system (architecture), its main components and their interfaces; interactions of these components with each other and with external systems; and a general architectural vision that guides the organization and serves as a basis for mutual understanding between all parties involved in product development.
Software architects take care of such significant aspects as functionality, performance, resilience, reuse, comprehensibility, scalability, security, technology constraints, and tradeoffs. They also make sure that their decisions are effectively communicated to both stakeholders and technical staff.
As the Java Architect / Project Team Lead, your main responsibilities will be:
- Analyzes software requirements and designs, develops and executes software solutions to address business issues.
- Provides architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the development team.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product.
- Designs the entire system based on the received requirements. Chooses the system architecture and each individual component of this system at a high level.
- Chooses the technologies for the implementation of each component and connections between the components.
- Performs Architectural and Code reviews.
- Resolves technical problems. Understands and plans evolutionary paths.
- Plans new technology insertion.
- Manages risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; benchmarks state-of-the-art practices; participates in professional societies.
- BSc in computer engineering or related field
- 5+ years developing complex web applications or software as service (SaaS) using java technologies
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building and deploying high-availability backend services in an architect or senior development role using java technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- 1+ years of leading software development teams
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java 8 using Spring Boot
- Experience with Message Brokers (for instance, RabbitMQ )
- Experience with Microservice architecture
- Experience architecting web applications and SaaS
- Experience with Git and SVN source control
- Experience with Unit Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience with leading NoSQL solutions like mongoDB
- Familiarity with build tools and CI/CD tools
- Experience with simple web services (REST, XML-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with Predictive Analytics/Machine Learning
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Competitive salary
- Private health plan
- Access to top software and tools
- Our leaders care and value the role you play in the company’s success
- A learning culture with individualized development plans that focus on personal and professional growth
- A fun and fast-paced environment with the best people
- Paid vacation days
- An opportunity to work on fun high tech projects
All applications are considered as strictly confidential. AMD Telecom is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship,age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Research and Development|