Routee is an intelligent CPaaS platform, developed by AMD Telecom, a leading telecommunications company that brings automated workflows and communication technologies to corporations, retail businesses and the services industry around the world.
With offices in 12 countries and an online presence in more than 200 markets, Routee is employing more than 100 software and communication specialists in developing products that connect, engage and sell.
As a powerful tool that segments customer data and personalizes communications, Routee has managed to capture a large share of the market, while becoming a trusted partner for some of the most renowned Fortune 500 companies, such as Microsoft and Uber.
Routee is the managing platform of choice for businesses seeking to control every detail of their communications strategy, offering a versatile and user-friendly API that can transform any business into a potential marketing powerhouse.
We, at Routee, have been at the forefront of communication technologies for over two decades, helping your business spread its mission and message to the world. We cannot wait to show you all the innovative ideas and solutions we have in store for the future.
Visit Routee.net to find out more about our company, your trusted communications partner.
Due to the continuous growth of our company and our great plans
for moving forward, we are looking for an experienced
Senior Software Engineer – Java
to join our international team and work either remotely or from our offices in Athens /Thessaloniki!
A Senior Java Developer holds a central role in the department using both their interpersonal and technical skills at equal levels, in order to complete their tasks successfully. This is a senior position that reports to the Java Team Leader. Senior Java Developers are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining in-house java applications. Additionally, they perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements.
Senior Java Developers work in a Scrum Team and pair with other developers when appropriate. Moreover, they carry out research into new technologies, libraries and development techniques.
Senior Java Developers work as one team, aligning frequently between themselves and helping each other from designing to filling in gaps in their business knowledge. We strongly believe in coaching and being proactive. The best Senior Developers will pair program with members of their teams, offering hands-on advice and addressing problems much sooner than code review time. We are proud of building an attractive experienced and skilled Java Team. We also pay attention to the selection of friendly personalities with leadership qualities that can foster trust and personal growth for their charges.
Java Developers in Routee work collaboratively with team members on maintaining and expanding existing company products. Additionally, they implement, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
They add new features and fix code defects in web applications according to guidelines. Last but not least, they Java Devs break new ground, research and implement innovative web techniques and features, using problem-solving in all areas of web development.
Java Team Tech Stack
The tech stack we use as a Java team consists of applications and services written in Java 8 using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Project reactor framework.
We use Angular.js and TypeScript. For the testing framework, we use karma + jasmine and webpack for module bundler.
We use MongoDB server for most of our database needs. The message-oriented middleware we use is apache camel and the build automation system is grandle.
RabbitMQ is the message broker ubiquitously used in our systems, which we develop by using VMs and Docker + Kubernetes containers.
We also operate git (bitbucket) for source control and Jenkins as an integration platform.
In addition, we write microservice-based applications architecture.
Finally, we also practice Axon as Java CQRS combined with Kafka streaming platform using PostgreSQL to some of our microservices and elastic as distributed search engine.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent education
- 3+ years developing web applications using java technologies
- 3+ years using Java 8 (streams/lambdas included)
- 3+ years working in a scrum/kanban team
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with GIT for version control
- 1+ years of using Spring framework for API development or web applications
- Experience developing Rest APIs
- Experience with gradle (or maven) as a build tool
- Experience with Jenkins (or any other CI/CD tool)
Nice to have:
- Experience as a Java web applications architect
- Experience with Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
- Familiarity with Spring framework for API development or web applications
- project-reactor (or any reactive streams library)
- RabbitMQ (or any AMQP broker)
- MongoDB (or nosql db)
- Apache camel
- Mysql (or any SQL db)
- Experience as a Scrum master or Scrum master certification is a PLUS
- Proven experience by presenting certain project(s) that have been personally accomplished is a PLUS.
- Competitive salary
- Private health plan
- Access to top software and tools
- Our leaders care and value the role you play in the company’s success
- A learning culture with individualized development plans that focus on personal and professional growth
- A fun and fast-paced environment with the best people
- Paid vacation days
- An opportunity to work on fun high tech projects
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. Our people are our strongest asset and we focus on attracting and keeping key talent to deliver our strategy. We recognize that ultimately everything we do successfully as a company is a by-product of our people and their talent. We are, therefore, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, national origin, nationality, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Research and Development|